Okay, so I know I’m no re-inventing the wheel here with this recipe, but hear me out. It’s good! Sometimes I’ll make recipes where I’ve “healthified” it just a bit and then see if my husband notices that it’s not the full-fledged “all the butter and sugar in the world” recipe we normally use and love. He didn’t notice on this, and it has about half the sugar from my normal go-to PB cookie recipe and no butter. I’m not hating on butter, but since we should all aim to keep our saturated fat intake low, and I know how I am around cookies, having a cookie recipe that tastes great without the butter is an added bonus.
Dairy Free yogurt has many uses in the kitchen other than just eating it plain! One thing I love is how it makes baked goods more moist, and that is certainly the case with these cookies. If you missed my nutrition spotlight on yogurt earlier this week, be sure to check it out along with recipes from other nutrition and wellness bloggers here (after you save this recipe, of course)!
You can add chocolate chips to this recipe (I usually do), or you can top them with chocolate hearts for a fun and healthier Valentine’s Day dessert! Let’s be real here, PB and Chocolate are a match made in heaven, and they would want all people on this earth to feel the love that they have for each other.
- 1/2 c vanilla Dairy Free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 Dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the yogurt, peanut butter, and sugar
- Mix in the egg and vanilla
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then slowly add to the dough, mixing until just combined
- Add chocolate chips
- Take about 2 Tbs dough and roll into a ball
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges start to turn golden
- Let cool on baking sheet
- Refrigerate any leftover cookies